MASSAGE – CAPE TOWN
DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE
The special techniques address all layers of muscle, dissolving adhesions and built-up waste products to prevent chronic pain conditions and promote suppleness. It is slower than the sports massage to allow the body to relax to allow the steady, deep (not hard!) pressure to reach the layers below the surface. May include Myo-fascial release, triggerpoints and mobilisation techniques. Deep Tissue massage utilizes a combination of deep tissue massage, body reading, joint tension release, breath work and liquid bodywork, to counteract chronic holding patterns that contribute to pain and illness.
Keep your muscles supple and recover faster after training. This massage is ideal to keep you aligned and functioning in symmetry during times of training. Pre and post race massage as well as daily massages during multi day stage events concentrate on general flushing of major muscle groups, to ensure optimum recovery and suppleness. This technique also assists in the focused release of cramps and spasms that could affect optimal performance the next day.
LYMPH DRAINAGE MASSAGE THERAPY
A gentle massage style that ensures a more efficient drainage of lymph fluid and aids in the removal of toxins. Medically MLDT is used to combat oedema resulting from numerous medical conditions ranging from cancer to genetic predispositions.
A relaxing and energising massage which stimulates blood circulation.
Physical benefits massage:
- Helps relieve stress and aids relaxation
- Helps relieve muscle tension and stiffness
- Reduces muscle spasms
- Provides greater joint flexibility and range of motion
- Promotes deeper and easier breathing
- Improves circulation of blood and movement of lymph fluids
- Reduces blood pressure
- Helps relieve tension-related headaches and effects of eye-strain
- Enhances the health and nourishment of skin
- Improves posture
- Strengthens the immune system
- Treats musculoskeletal problems
- Rehabilitation after injury
Psychological benefits of massage therapy:
- Fosters peace of mind
- Promotes a relaxed state of mental alertness
- Helps relieve mental stress
- Improves ability to monitor stress signals and respond appropriately
- Enhances capacity for calm thinking and creativity
- Emotional benefits
- Satisfies needs for caring nurturing touch
- Fosters a feeling of well-being
- Reduces levels of anxiety
- Creates body awareness
- Increases awareness of mind-body connection
We are centrally located in Kloof street, Cape Town – and have 2 qualified massage practitioners at The White Lotus.
Please enquire about their individual rates for 60 and 90 minute sessions.